Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Oven baked Chex Chicken Recipe, GF


Who needs Kentucky Fried when you can make it yummy and gluten free in the oven? 
I crave fried chicken....  Especially when hubby and I are grocery shopping and he buys (gluten) fried chicken for himself.  It smells so good and tortures me all the way home from the store!  So I came up with a pretty darn close gluten free recipe and it's baked instead of fried. I also love making my Oven Baked Tilapia this way! 


 Gluten Free Oven baked Chex Chicken  #glutenfree

Ingredients:

  • 3-4 pounds of bone in Chicken Thighs with skin removed
  • 3 cups of Corn Chex cereal
  • 1 cup of  shredded parmesan cheese
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • Dash of gluten free garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon of gluten free spices of your choice, to taste
  • 2 cups of regular or dairy free milk
Instructions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees

  1. Soak thighs in milk while you prepare topping, discard the milk
  2. Put the Chex cereal, Parmesan cheese and spices in a large zip lock bag, seal and crush well with a rolling pin.  Shake the bag to incorporate. 
  3. Put one piece at a time in the bag and coat with topping,  really press the coating into the pieces so you get good coverage and set each on a greased large baking sheet.
  4. Whatever is coating that is left in the bag you can freeze for another day.
  5. Bake for about 30-40 min or until juices run clear and topping is brown.
Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. billporter485@aol.comOctober 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM

    Couldn't find skinless, bone-in thighs; substituted drumsticks [skinned them, not fun, but no big deal]. Anyway, a great recipe I'll definitely do again. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! It's my favorite too :) so glad you enjoyed the recipe.

      Delete
  2. Going to try this��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight and it was delish!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you so much for the comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali