Life is so much better when you have Gluten Free hamburger buns and these come out great every time. If you love bread as much as I do you should try my Spectacular Bread in the bread machine recipe too! Hope you enjoy your incredible hamburger buns.
Makes 6-8 buns
Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
Note: All ingredients need to be room temperature.
- 2 c. Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour
- 1 c. tapioca starch/flour
- 1 Tb. instant yeast ( I used Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast) Now I use Saf
- 1 Tb. xanthan gum or NEW update! use 1 Tb. ground Psyllium husks instead of the xanthan gum.
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder, rosemary or garlic seasoning, opt
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar or honey
- 1 c. warm water, as needed
- 4 eggs, warmed
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- coarse salt or sesame seeds for the top (optional)
- Warm your water while running it over your eggs in a small bowl.
- Measure the warm water and reserve 1/4 cup to set aside. Mix 3/4 cup of warm water, honey, if using, eggs and olive oil together in the large bowl of your stand mixer.
- Combine the flours, yeast, xanthan gum (or psyllium husks), seasonings if any, salt, and sugar, if using, in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat for 2 minutes. This develops the "gluten". Add a bit more of the reserved 1/4 cup water if it is too dry. The dough should be very soft and sticky but not runny.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of the dough onto a large well greased or parchment lined pan. I swirl the spoon around the dough a few times to make a full round shape.
- Don't place the buns too close. They will rise and spread a little bit.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the dough very lightly with olive oil or egg wash and sprinkle with salt or sesame seeds
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Watch so you don't burn them. The top should be just nicely browned. Cool on a rack and keep in the fridge for longer storage. xx