Life is so much better when you have Gluten Free hamburger buns and these come out great every time! You might also like my Spectacular Bread in the bread machine recipe and my Skinny Banana Bread! Hope you enjoy your incredible hamburger buns. Please come back often and check out all of my new recipes!
Makes 6-8 buns
Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
Note: All ingredients need to be room temperature.
- 2 c. Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour
- 1 c. tapioca starch/flour
- 1 Tb. instant yeast ( I used Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast) Now I use Saf
- 1 Tb. xanthan gum or NEW update! substitute 1 tablespoon Psyllium husks
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder, rosemary or garlic seasoning, opt
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar or honey
- 1 c. warm water, as needed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- coarse salt or sesame seeds for the top (optional)
- Warm your water while running it over your eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in the large bowl of your stand mixer.
- Combine the flours, yeast, xanthan gum, seasonings if any, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat for 2 minutes! This develops the "gluten". Add a tiny bit more water if it is too dry. The dough should be very soft and sticky but not runny.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of the dough onto a large greased pan. I swirl the spoon around the dough a few times to make a full round shape.
- Don't place the buns too close. They will rise and spread a little bit.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the dough very lightly with olive oil or egg wash and sprinkle with salt or sesame seeds
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Watch so you don't burn them. The top should be just nicely browned. Cool on a rack and keep in the fridge for longer storage. xx