Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free No Bake Fruit and Nut Protein Bars!

Gluten Free cereal, nuts and fruit...yum!!  I used leftover dry mix for on top of my yogurt!
I love protein bars but most are dry or too wet.  These came out firm and tasty and much cheaper than store bought.

Recipe updated 2/1/14

Lightly spray a large 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray

Ingredients:

2 cups of dried sugar free & gluten free fruit, seeds and nuts of your choice- I used cranberries, raw almonds and sesame seeds, chopped and whole
3 cups gluten free cereal or oats 
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup psyllium husks, opt
1 scoop GF low carb Whey protein powder
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup GF sugar free chocolate or carob chips, opt
1/2 cup honey or agave or sugar free alternative of choice
2/3 cup any GF unsweetened nut butter 
dash salt

Instructions:
  1. In a very large bowl mix dry ingredients. Toasting the nuts and oats for a few minutes in a fry pan brings out the flavors. 
  2. Warm the honey and nut butter slightly and stir together.
  3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and toss quickly until incorporated.
  4. Pour into a baking dish lined with parchment paper, press down and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.   
  5. Cut in squares and enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is a definite new recipe that will be repeated in my home! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen, you are such a doll. I look forward to your comments and would love to hear how these come out for you. I liked your wonderful blog and Facebook page and enjoyed reading your posts. Congratulations on your award! I saw that we have lots in common! I'm crazy about Chuck too! hugs, Ali

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali