Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Sunday Meatloaf Dinner


Sunday evening and it's storming outside, so I made a cozy dinner for Hubby and put on a movie.  Meatloaf is perfect for a lazy Sunday, just mix it up and pop it in the oven.  Then watch your movie while the house fills with delicious aromas...

I pretty much toss in the ingredients after so many years of making this, but I'll try to estimate my amounts for you.
 I have a HUGE metal bowl to mix it all in.  Then I pop on my surgical gloves and mix it all together
Form your loaf in the bowl and place in a medium loaf pan.   I pour off the grease several times during cooking but be very careful.

Gluten Free Sunday Meatloaf Dinner

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2-2 cups gluten free bread or crackers, processed into crumbs 
  • 2 eggs, beaten with a fork in a small separate bowl
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • Fresh Parsley, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1 tablespoon GF Worcestershire
  • Big dash of GF Hot Sauce, to taste
  • 1/4 cup GF Ketchup  (plus more for the top)
  • 1 tablespoon McCormicks GF Season Salt , to taste
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan-opt
  • ground pepper to taste
  • 5-6 potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped in quarters
  • Vegetables or salad
Instructions:

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  1. In your food processor make your crumbs
  2. I use the ends of my homemade bread, cut in cubes and processed in my mini food processor for a minute or two until it just turns to crumbs.
  3. In the large bowl add all of the ingredients
  4. Knead until incorporated and form into a loaf. Don't overmix
  5. Place in large oven proof loaf pan and make a well on top, add a little more ketchup
  6. Bake until thermometer reads about 170-180 degrees.  apx 1- 1 1/2 hours. 
  7. About 1/2 an hour before it's done make your potatoes and veggies
  8. Remove from oven and let it rest before slicing.   
  9. Serve with ketchup or gravy, mashed potatoes, and fresh veggies.  
  10. It's wonderful for sandwiches the next several days too.  Enjoy!

Comments