Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Organic Cilantro Pico De Gallo with cucumbers, gluten free


How to make homemade Pico De Gallo Mexican Sauce
Organic Cilantro Pico De Gallo with cucumbers
Pico De Gallo or Mexican Sauce has always been one of my favorites. I don't know why I didn't think to make it at home sooner. When made at home you can make it organic, naturally gluten free and it's so good that I eat it out of the bowl with a spoon! 

In the past I would buy Cilantro and it would go slimy before I used it up. Now I can extend the life by wrapping the bunch of Cilantro in paper towels and  storing in a tied bag in the veggie drawer. After a few days, I change the paper towel and pull off any bits that are starting to go bad. Then when I get down to the last leaves, I wash them, remove the stems and put them in ice cube trays covered with a little water. Once frozen just pop out and put in a labeled baggie. I love using the cubes in soups and sauces!

Ingredients: 
  • 2 medium organic tomatoes, diced
  • 1 small bunch, apx 1 cup, organic cilantro, stems removed, chopped finely
  • 1/2 organic onion, diced
  • 1/2 organic green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 large organic cucumber, diced
  • 2 organic green onions, chopped
  • 1 clove organic garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Several dashes of gluten free hot sauce like Tabasco, to taste
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced, opt
  • 1 avocado, diced, opt
Instructions:
  1. Wash and dice vegetables, mix with lime juice, Tabasco and salt and pepper to taste. Chill to combine flavors. Serve with organic tortilla chips.
You might also like my Homemade Gluten Free Tortillas!

Comments

  1. That looks yummy! I'm usually open to making healthy salads and dips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so delicious. Pinning this and trying it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I make pico all the time but never with cucumbers so I bet this would be so good! Making tacos tonight...so maybe this will be an addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds so good. Mexican is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali