This recipe was featured on Gluten-Free Wednesday's !!
Skinny Gluten Free "Fabulous Florida" Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped vegies, mushrooms, green peppers, zucchini- whatever you have on hand!
- 2 cups fresh washed raw spinach (I buy it in the big bags)just pull out 2 big hand fulls
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper and seasonings to taste
- 8-9 large eggs (or for Skinnier- use 6 egg whites and 4 whole eggs)
1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt or milk of your choice
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Feta cheese
- 1 cup cooked meat-opt
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms or other veggies on until just tender- apx 5-7 min, then mix in garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional seasonings, if using. We like a salt free Cajun spice mix.
- Lay spinach on top and simmer for a few minutes until spinach is slightly wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and yogurt and Parmesan. Add your seasonings. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. The eggs should cover the filling and then press it down a bit with your spatula. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are just firm, puffed up and edges are slightly brown.