Linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays
GF Sweet Potato Cheesy Stuffed Skins
5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and poked with a fork
1/3 cup plain non fat yogurt, add a little more if the mixture is dry
1 tablespoon butter
10 white mushrooms, washed and sliced
5 slices of GF bacon, most bacon is GF but check your labels
4-5 ounces of sharp cheddar, shredded
salt and pepper
- Put your pierced sweet potatoes on a paper towel in the microwave oven for apx 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet on medium, fry your bacon until crisp and then remove to paper towels. In the same pan saute the mushrooms for apx 5 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Save 6 skin halves and place them on a large plate.
- Mix the potato flesh, yogurt, and butter with a potato masher. Mash and stir until fluffy, stir in 3/4 of the cheese, saving some for the top. Add a little more yogurt if the mixture is dry
- Season with a little salt and a good dose of pepper to taste
- Spoon your mixture into the skins, mounding it up a bit.
- Top with cheese, crumbled bacon and mushrooms. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese on top just starts to melt. Hugs! xxoo