Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Low Carb Magic Bars

Gluten Free Magic Bars, my all time favorite cookie made Skinnier! I really enjoyed making these Low Carb, Grain free and Low Glycemic!   Now I can have two..OK, maybe three!   Hope you enjoy  xoxo

 Linked up to  Allergy Free WednesdaySlightly Indulgent Tuesday.  Reader Favorite!! 


 Cream the butter or coconut oil with the honey

 I grind my own almond flour in the coffee mill.  My coffee always tastes like almonds  :)

Note- If you are making the homemade condensed milk- do that first and then make your crust.

Low Carb Cookie Crust
  • 1 cup of gluten free Almond Meal flour or finely ground nuts or seeds of choice
  • 1/2  cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 tsp soda
  • 1/4 cup of honey or for lower carbs try erythritol, powdered in coffee mill
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
  • 1 egg

  1. Combine all the dry ingredients and blend well.
  2. Cream your butter or oil with the honey, mix in egg 
  3. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and blend well.
  4. Press the dough firmly and evenly into a greased 8 x12 baking dish.
  5. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until it is lightly browned and firm.  Take out and set aside

Not too Sweetened Condensed Homemade Coconut Milk Filling  (or you can use a can of low fat sweetened condensed milk)
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup Erythritol, to taste (honey or maple syrup works too)  
  • In a large flat saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat. 
  • Stir in sweetener of choice, blend. 
  • Simmer, stirring often for apx. 30-40 min,or until the volume reduces and thickens to apx 1 1/2 cups. 

Ok, let's make the bars!  Now on to the toppings! 

Be sure to really press down after you are done layering

Toppings and Assemble the Bars

Ingredients:
  • 1 small can fat free sweetened condensed milk or follow recipe above to make your own.
  • 1 cup GF semi sweet or sugar free chocolate chips-  I used Nestle White Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
Instructions:
  1. Pour the condensed milk over the  crust evenly
  2. Sprinkle nuts, chocolate chips and then top with the coconut.   Press down on mixture
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling!  Cool before cutting. 

Number of Servings:  12-18

Comments

  1. I am way too tempted by this recipe! I have decided to make this, just need the coconut oil, walnuts and coconut flakes. I'll be using unsweetened condensed milk... wish me luck, I'm not a baker! LOL! I'll let you know how it comes out, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine, sorry for the late reply. I was down with a cold. Let me know if you need any help. I love these bars!

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! I'll let you know how it goes :) I have a friend who has Hashimoto's 'disease' and I want to offer some great options... She's on board and experimenting with the gluten-free stuff, I want to bring her something SWEET, though, thanks SO much for such great recipes!!! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm ready to make it.. but what SIZE 'small can' of condensed milk?? Darn it! Why didn't I think of that before! The recipe you give for the condensed milk makes 1 1/2 cups. Is that the amount to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! Sorry, was cooking all day and not online. How did they turn out?

      Delete
    2. People! Everywhere! EAT THESE!!!! They are SUPER easy to make (I almost felt like I wasn't baking, there was so little work to do!) SOOOOOOO gooooood!!! Ali, my 2 best friends and I want to say THANK YOU for posting such an amazing dessert! These will be staying on my list of wonderful things to make. Seriously, I can't say enough about how yummy these are!!! (btw, I used about 3/4 of the 14 oz can of evaporated milk, we all think they were perfect and kept going back for 'just one more' ) LOL!! I know I'll be trying many more recipes from this site! (((huggs))) Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali