Gluten Free Baked Chocolate Doughnuts, GF, DFPreheat your oven to 375°F. Grease your doughnut pan. Makes 14 doughnuts
- 1 cup gluten free brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free millet flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or 2 teaspoons Yerba Prima psyllium husks
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut palm or any granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Stevia baking blend
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk well until fully combined. It will be wet but thick, like cake batter. Let it sit for 5 minutes
- Spoon or pipe mixture into prepared doughnut pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the doughnut comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts sit for a minute before taking them out of the pan. Allow to cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- 1 cup gluten free confectioners’ sugar or
- For Low glycemic- process Coconut palm sugar in the food processor until it powders or
- For Sugar Free-you can use a good tasting sugar alternative like Stevia or Erythritol and powder it in your food processor
- 2 tablespoons gluten free cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp milk or water
Beat together the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, butter, vanilla and enough milk to make the glaze the consistency you want. Dip your cooled doughnuts into the glaze, and set on a rack to harden. Enjoy!!