Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Ginger Honey Kale Salad with pears, cranberries & walnuts, gluten free


Making dinner for the Children's Home and I wanted a salad to go with the organic soup I was making, but all I had was a big head of organic kale from Space Girl Organics.
I'm a firm believer in feeding your kids greens early on, and I love kale, but I worried that it would be too tough or bitter for the little kids.

So, I softened it with rubbing and made a honey lemon dressing to make it more kid friendly. I love the softer texture and the honey, lemon and ginger remove any bitterness.  I think it's the perfect salad and will be making it again for the holidays!   Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


Ingredients:
  • One large head of organic kale, chopped, ribs removed
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, for rubbing the kale
  • 3 organic pears, diced
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped or roasted sunflower seeds would be good too
Dressing:
  • One whole organic lemon, juiced
  • 3 tablespoons local honey
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated

Instructions:
  1. Wash kale, pat dry, tear out and discard the tough middle ribs.  Chop the kale, add to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt.
  2. Rub the salt into the kale with your hands until softened and slightly wilted.
  3. Add fruit and nuts and toss with dressing.

Comments