Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Simple, awesome, healthy  goodness.  You can make this tasty gluten-free Asian noodle soup in 20 minutes easily! 

A big Thanks to my friend Linda, the Gluten-Free Homemaker for highlighting me again on Gluten-Free Wednesdays!

 Skinny Gluten Free Asian Chicken Noodle Soup 

Ingredients:

  • 4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce- like Thai Kitchen
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger- I keep mine in the freezer and then grate into the pot
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon gluten free chili paste- I use San J or Thai Kitchen or Srichacha
  • 8 cups GF chicken broth.  I make my own but Progresso and Pacific Foods are good too.
  • 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into thin strips- (or leftover chicken)
  • 4 cups chopped chinese vegetables or Napa cabbage- I use baby bok choy, washed and ends chopped off.  You can use any veggies that cook fast
  • 1 (5-ounce) package GF Asian rice noodles, prepared according to packing directions. Sometimes I use Tinkyada spaghetti noodles
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 6 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias

Instructions:

  1. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, vinegar, and chili paste in a small bowl.
  2. Heat the broth in a medium saucepan.
  3. Add the soy sauce mixture, the chicken, and the vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer for two minutes or until chicken is cooked through. 
  4. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
  5. Pour over prepared Chinese noodles. Garnish with cilantro and scallions!! 

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy! I would love it if you visited my new Gluten-Free Monday party at OneCreativeMommy.com and linked up this and any other idea you would like to share. I hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali