Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Shopping at Aldi and Big Lots 2/21/12













I'm so behind these days with company coming that I almost missed out on some deals at Aldi!! but ran and grabbed a few things today that I thought you might be interested in.  Combined the whole trip, Aldi and Big Lots because I didn't buy that much.  Great fruit prices at Aldi and cheese is on sale! I love the creamers at Aldi and have never had a problem with them.  New pie filling product that I will call and check to make sure it's not manufactured with wheat products.  Crossing my fingers!!   I would love to make a pie  for our company.  I have a fabulous recipe for pie crust that I'll post for you when I make it.
I also wanted to tell you about one of my favorite time and money saving tips.
I buy a whole chicken at Aldi for .85 a pound and boil it up with spices and garlic. Then we strip the meat for future dinners and refrigerate the broth for soups.   The next day I remove the fat and label the broth.  I use it pretty fast but you can freeze it too.
At Big Lots I bought Corn Chex,  our favorite hot sauce that the company's website states as gluten free,  Select Harvest soup and really nice Italian Olive oil.  Off now to boil my chicken.  Have a great evening!!

Comments