Gluten Free Company Dinner Rolls
These are the perfect gluten-free dinner rolls for company or holidays. Light and fluffy with a wonderful fresh bread flavor. We make them often and warm them up the next day for breakfast. They are wonderful with butter and jam or use for a small sandwich.
Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls
makes 15-20 rolls
- 3 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix with xanthan* see below
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (this is in addition to the xanthan gum in the mix)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm, but not hot milk (or almond milk, or water)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- melted butter for pans and for brushing tops of rolls
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of the sugar into warm milk. Add yeast, whisk to dissolve; set aside to proof. It will get foamy on the top.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, the remaining sugar, and salt
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, vinegar, and oil.
- Add yeast mixture, beat to mix.
- Add flour mixture, beat on low to combine, then beat on high for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon dough into prepared muffin tins to about 3/4 of each cup.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk–about 30-40 mins in a warm place.
- Turn on the oven to preheat to 375 degrees.
- Once rolls have risen, brush the top of each with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Cool in the pan for a few minutes and then remove to a rack
- Keep leftover rolls in the fridge
1 1/4 cup gluten free brown rice flour
1 1/4 cup gluten-free white rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup sweet rice flour (I buy mine at the Asian market, it's also call glutinous rice flour)
2 tsp. xanthan gum
I've been gluten free for two months and I've tried several recipes for rolls, this is the best by far! Thank you for the recipe.ReplyDelete
Hi, that's great! I'm so glad you like them. You might also like my hamburger buns. They're easy to make and yummy!! http://glutenfreehomebakery.blogspot.com/2012/06/gluten-free-hamburger-buns.html Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with. All the best on your journey, AliDelete
You have wonderful recipes, thank you for making gluten free easy for me!Delete
You're very welcome! Let me know if there is a specific recipe you would like or any questions that I can answer. Working on a new crescent roll recipe this weekend!Delete