Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Skinny Gluten Free Low Glycemic Cranberry Orange Muffins


Ingredients:

Wet-

1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (If you need to sub, use a healthy oil or GF marg.)
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or honey
3/4 cup plain (no sugar added) applesauce- organic if you can
1/4-1/2 cup orange juice ( squeezed from the orange you zest)
1 large egg
1 tsp GF pure vanilla

Dry-

1/4 cup Splenda or Stevia
1/2 tsp Arm and Hammer baking soda
1 1/2 tsp  Clabber Girl or any GF Baking powder
1 1/2 cups GF Brown Rice Flour - I use Bob's Red Mill
1 scant tsp xanthan
 big dash of Chia or Flax meal  ( I throw it in everything!)

Zest of one orange
1/2 cup well chopped walnuts
1/2 cup GF dried cranberries (unsweetened)


Directions:

Combine the dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.  In another bowl combine the wet and whisk well, pour into dry and add zest, nuts, cranberries stir until just mixed scraping down the sides but don't overmix. If too dry add a little water but batter should be slightly thick.

Spoon into greased or lined muffin cups

Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done in center

Cool on rack if you can keep from eating them right away.  Store in fridge if they last that long!!

I did the math and I estimate these beauties at apx 90 calories a muffin.  I ate 3 right out of the oven!

Enjoy!   Hugs!!






Comments