Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Ice Cream from a banana!!


Super-creamy, super-easy ice cream from just one thing, banana! The smidgen of fat in bananas makes a magic trick when they are frozen and blended up. They turn creamy instead of crumbly, with a smooth texture that will knock your socks off!!  Hubby was bowled over when I made this.  I've seen the recipe many times online..not sure who posted this first or who figured it out but try it guys,  it's a big Moneysaver over gluten free ice creams.  I'm looking forward to making it with lots of different ingredients and flavors in the future but even plain it's truly wonderful!
Here's a step-by-step of how to do it.
• Peel your ripe bananas first- We only had 2 bananas and it turned into a lot of ice cream!!
• Cut bananas into small pieces.
• Freeze for 1-2 hours on a plate or I throw them in a baggy and freeze overnight.
• Put the frozen banana in your large food processor or heavy duty blender and blend, blend, blend - scraping down the bowl when they stick.  I added a little almond milk to make it move.  Don't use much or your ice cream will be too soft.  
• Enjoy the magic moment when it all turns into ice cream! Eat it soft or freeze to firm up.  Hugs!! xx

Comments