Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Green Machine Smoothie!!

I'm crazy for smoothies!! I think that a smoothie is so much healthier than juicing, especially when you have Celiac.   You keep all of the fiber that a juicer removes and we need as much natural fiber as we can get.  I used to love Naked's Green Machine,  but it's not gluten free, so I made this one up with similar ingredients and it turned out awesome.  

Use whatever fruit is seasonal or canned if that's all you have.  I love any combination!!  


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Organic unsweetened Apple Juice- add more if too thick
  • 1/2 cup raw Broccoli,  washed and chopped
  • 1/2 cup Fresh baby Spinach, washed
  • 3 large leaves of Kale, washed, strip out the tough spine and chop
  • Fresh Parsley, remove stems
  • 1 tsp finely grated fresh Ginger Root-I keep mine in the freezer
  • 2 Apples- washed, cored and chopped
  • 1 Banana- I peel mine, chop and freeze my bananas
  • 1 Kiwi, peeled, opt
  • 1 Mango, peeled and chopped, opt
  • 1 cup of crushed Pineapple with the unsweetened juice
  • 1 scoop of GF protein powder     (I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder)
  • 3-4 packets of Stevia- to taste

Sometimes I make it all fruit and sometimes I throw in plain fat free yogurt and protein powder.  That's why my picture looks creamy.   Both ways are great!!

  1. Put ingredients in a large blender and pulse until you get some movement
  2. Add more juice if needed and keep processing until thoroughly blended.  Enjoy!

Note- I have a really big strong blender.  You can cut this in half if you have a smaller one

I calculate this at apx 120 calories for a 15 ounce serving!!

Hugs!



Comments

  1. Amazing!! Thank you so much for posting.. I can't wait to try it! <3 YOu!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali