Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Mocha Truffle Crispy Bars


Go see this post and many other wonderful recipes!!  on  Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

and Allergy Free Wednesday.

Hi guys,  I created these easy bars because I was having a little crisis and on the verge of eating a gorgeous box of Swiss chocolate truffles that my dear neighbor brought me from Switzerland. Since our communication is limited he can't quite grasp the concept of gluten free! Still he is a kind generous friend and I love his gifts and I'm so tempted to eat them!
They most likely had gluten in them. No way to know for sure because the ingredients were written in German and the website was no help....
So fighting the temptation to just eat them and say the heck with it, I went the fridge and grabbed out the fastest ingredients that I had to make this yummy crispy bar.
Ten minutes later I had this lovely gluten free confection that pleased my chocolate truffle loving soul! 

Hope you like them!   


Ingredients
  • 3 cups GF mini marshmallows
  • 3 cups GF Brown Rice Crispies
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups GF chocolate chips, I buy Hershey's sugar free
  • 1 cup finely ground almonds, in the coffee mill or food processor
  • 1 tsp finely ground espresso beans
  • dust with a little cocoa powder on top
Directions  

Butter a rectangular 8x10 pan

  1. Put the marshmallows in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the butter and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until just melted.
  2. Stir the mixture until smooth and then quickly stir in the cereal, get all the marshmallow incorporated with the cereal.
  3. Transfer to the pan and press down very firmly to make the crust.   I butter the back of the large spoon I used to stir to keep it from sticking.
  4. Now sprinkle on 1 cup of the chocolate chips and  press down firmly again.  You could also add coconut at this stage but I was out.  I think I will next time!
  5. Melt the other 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the rest of the butter in the microwave for a minute or two and pour on top of the bars.  Spread evenly
  6. While the chocolate is still warm add the ground almonds mixed with espresso, and press down once more

Cool and cut into bars!!   hugs!

Comments