Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Oven Barbeque Pork Dinner

Gluten Free Oven Barbeque Pork Dinner

Ingredients:

  • 4 pounds thick bone in pork chops or country style ribs
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 cup GF ketchup- I love ConAgra brands
  • 1/4 cup GF soy sauce- San J is great!!
  • 1/4 cup GF Worcestershire sauce- Lea & Perrins is my favorite
  • GF hot sauce to taste
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon GF mustard- I like Heinz
  • Salt and pepper 
  • 1/4 cup red wine-opt
  • 3-4 garlic cloves
  • 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
  • 4 cups chopped root vegetables, I love Sweet potatoes, or Baby red potatoes, Squash, Carrots, and sometimes apples,

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 
  2. Cut chops or spareribs into serving size portions, season with salt and pepper
  3. Line a large roasting pan in double thickness of foil that is double the size of the pan. 
  4. Lay the chops on the foil and top with vegetables.
  5. Fold and seal the foil 
  6. Bake for apx 1 hour depending on the thickness of your meat. Open the foil, check for tenderness and drain drippings. your meat should be almost tender.  If not close it up again and bake a little longer
  7. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic, mustard, wine if using and seasonings.
  8. Put it all back in oven with foil open for 1/2 hour or until sauce is thickened and meat is fork tender, basting with sauce a few times.   
  9. PS- no clean up, just toss the foil!   hugs  xx

Comments

  1. This looks great! I love these all-in-one meals,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god This dish looks so delicious and yummy !!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! I hope you try it and enjoy. So nice to hear from you. Ali

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali