Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Split Pea and Kale Crock-Pot Recipe

Hi guys!   I've been growing Dinosaur Kale in the garden for months and I love it!!   The most amazing thing happened recently, hubby cut off the top and the bottom stalk started to grow leaves again!  So we are putting it in our soups, salads, frittatas and smoothies.  It has a nice mild flavor and blends in to everything really well. My pictures look a little dark and don't do this soup justice... sorry  :) 
 but the soup is awesome!  and the Crockpot keeps the house cool. It's in the 90's right now!

Only 112 calories per serving!  and so yummy with my Spectacular Bread in the Bread Machine!

Skinny Gluten Free Split Pea and Kale Crock-Pot Recipe

Number of Servings: 10-12

Ingredients:


  • 3 cups Split Peas, washed  
  • 3 Carrots, diced  
  • 1 Onion, diced
     
  • 2 stalks Celery, diced    
  • 4 cups GF Low Sodium Chicken Broth
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 meaty Ham hocks
  • 1 small bunch of Kale, remove ribs and tear into small pieces-opt
  • Salt and Pepper and Seasonings to taste

Instructions:

  1. Place all ingredients in crock-pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hrs. 

    This wonderful soup gets thicker after it has been cooled. 

    To reheat the next day add a little water.  

    Serve with crusty Gluten Free bread!  Enjoy!!  hugs,  xx

Comments

  1. I like the use of the crock pot. It's too hot to bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my crockpot!! I just picked up a pressure cooker today and can't wait to start experimenting with that as well. It must be hot in your corner of the world too :) just the thought of turning on the oven is enough to make me run out of the kitchen screaming...lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali