Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Low Glycemic Ranger Cookies

Happy Sunday everyone,  do you remember these cookies from when we were kids?  They were my favorites!  They're also called Cowboy cookies and Oh my, I'd forgotten how good they are!!
They turned out big, crispy on the edges and chewy inside!  I think they might be better than the originals!!   Hope you enjoy!

 I used a large teaspoon full of dough and flattened it with a wet measuring cup 


 Yum Yum Yum....

Linked to Amy's  Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
and Gluten-Free Wednesdays!!   and Allergy-Free Wednesdays  :)  go see their great sites for lots of recipes.  xx
Gluten Free Low Glycemic Ranger Cookies

Ingredients:

1 3/4  cups gluten-free oats or cereal - I used a combination of GF& SF cereals, flakes and crispies
1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup almond meal - not flour  ( I grind it in my coffee mill)
1 tsp xanthan gum or psyllium husks 
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/2 cup GF margarine
2 large eggs
1 cup dark coconut palm sugar or brown cane sugar or erythritol
5 packets of Stevia, opt (or increase the brown sugar or erythritol by 1/4 cup)
½ cup almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
1 tsp ground flax seeds, opt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks- Hershey's chocolate chips are GF and they make Sugar Free!  Read about it here at Hershey's
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Grease your cookie sheet for each batch

  1. In a bowl stir together the oats or cereals, flours, almond meal, tapioca starch, xanthan, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  2. In large bowl, beat together the margarine and sugar,  add the eggs, non-dairy milk, and vanilla and mix for a minute or two.  I used my hand mixer
  3. Stir in the flour mixture with a heavy wooden spoon until well combined, then fold in the coconut, chocolate and nuts.
  4. Drop a large teaspoon of dough onto cookie sheet. The dough will be sticky and thick. Leave some space between each cookie. 
  5. Flatten slightly with moistened fingers or the back of a measuring cup.
  6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm and edges start to brown.
  7. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in a covered container.  I keep mine in the fridge in a tupperware.   hugs!

Note- for most of my recipes I use a blonde coconut palm sugar but this time I picked up a darker softer brand from my Asian grocery and it was great.  Read here about the great nutritional benefits of Coconut palm sugar

Comments

  1. I love gluten-free cookies made with little sugar- these are right up my alley! I like the addition of flax seeds to the recipe as well. Thanks for sharing with us on Allergy-Free Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! so great to hear from you! I hope you try the recipe and enjoy them as much as I did. hugs, Ali

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to try these! I have pinned them, and I am also featuring them on AFW this week, thanks Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tessa, I can't wait to hear how they turn out for you! Thanks so much for featuring them on AFW, you guys are great!! hugs, Ali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali