Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free & Sugar Free Happy Cookie

I've had quite a bump in the road to health this past week.  I have acid reflux now, on top of Celiac and Hashimoto's Thyroid disease, so I'm revamping my diet once again! Two years of learning to cook Gluten Free, and feeling pretty darn good with it all, and now I need to take out all of the foods that cause acid reflux.  That means cutting way down on sugar, coffee, tea, pop, citrus, fats, spicy food and many others...ugh! so here's some research just in case you are dealing with this too.  
Here's the list of Unsafe Foods for Acid Reflux
I adore my latte's in the morning, and no chocolate? but I know I need to protect my health and I'm so thankful for all the great info on the internet!!
See this list for info on Safe Foods for Acid Reflux
I went off coffee for 2 days, had a terrible headache, but I had a tiny cup this morning with no problem.  I guess I could give it up, but I hope I don't have to completely.
Now cookies are another thing all together...I made these cookies this morning and we'll see if they hurt me tonight.  I'm going very slow and keeping everything to tiny bits.  Even just a bite made me happy.  Thus the name.  Hugs to you all,  Ali
This is not an original recipe.  It's been around in many variations so I'm not sure where or when I saw it first.  I've revised it many times and like this one best
This post linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays

Skinny Gluten Free & Sugar Free Happy Cookie

Ingredients:
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon GF pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, just warmed
2 cups GF oatmeal
2/3 cup almond meal- I grind mine in the coffee grinder- (don't grind too long or it will become nut butter)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon GF cinnamon-opt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
1/4 cup GF sugar free chocolate chips - I use Hersheys
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl whisk the well mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Set aside.
  2. In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.  Let the dough sit now for an hour.
  4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Drop a generous teaspoon of the dough onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. 
  6. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until bottoms are brown. 
Makes about 3 dozen little yummy cookies.

Comments