Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Chicken Yakisoba



We used to go out for Yakisoba weekly, but since I went gluten-free it's not possible anymore, and for a while that made me sad.
Now we really enjoy making our own.  I can use all my surplus veggies, I don't get sick, we save money, and we have tons of leftovers!
Use whatever you have in the house.  It's a great way to clean out the fridge!
Gluten-Free Chicken Yakisoba


Ingredients:
  •           2-3 large boneless skinless organic chicken breasts or thighs - cut in thin strips
  •           3-4 tablespoons peanut oil
  •           1 teaspoon gluten-free chile paste or Sriracha- to taste - we like more! 
  •           1/4 cup gluten-free ketchup 
  •           1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce, like San J Tamari 
  •           1/2 c gluten-free Worcestershire
  •           1/4 cup mirin  (or sub 2 tablespoons cane sugar + 1/2 cup white wine or vermouth)            
  •           1/8 cup cane sugar, to taste
  •           2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, to taste
  •           1 tablespoon garlic, minced           
  •           1 bunch organic bok choy or fresh spinach or 1/2 head small cabbage, chopped
  •           1/2 onion, sliced thinly
  •           3 cups organic veggies, I like carrot, broccoli, celery, zucchini, and mushrooms sliced
  •           8 ounces gluten-free Soba or gluten-free Spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente, drained
  •           4 scallions sliced thin
Note- Be careful of Soba Noodles - Read your label carefully!  Many brands have wheat in them 

Instructions:

  1. Season chicken or pork with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large heavy pan on medium-high.  
  3. Add the meat to the wok.  Stir fry, stirring often for several minutes, until no longer pink. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
  4. Add the onion, garlic, cabbage, and carrots or veggies of your choice to the wok.  Add a little more oil if needed.
  5. Stir fry, stirring continuously for several minutes more.  The vegetables should be crisp but tender. 
  6. Remove the vegetables from the wok.  Heat a tablespoon of oil and add cooked noodles. Stir fry a minute more.
  7. Add back in the meat, vegetables, and sauce.  Stir fry until heated through and noodles are coated.
  8. Top with scallions.   

Comments

  1. I really enjoy a good stir fry! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen, how are you? It's so nice to hear from you. I hope you try the recipe and let us know what you think. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stir-fry is one thing I definitely miss. I think this is on the menu for tomorrow night's dinner! Will post back to let you know how we all like it (and I am sure we all will).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting. I look forward to your results!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali