Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Low Carb Almond Meal Waffles

Wow,  I was praying these would work and they did!!!!   I've been off sugar this last month and working to cut my carbs way back too.  It's going pretty good, but I was craving a waffle and thrilled with the results of these beauties. These are so easy to make! I have no patience with long difficult recipes :)  I buy my raw almonds from Amazon.  No one has a better price and if you do the Subscribe and Save option it's even better- plus no shipping or tax!  Can't beat that.  Hugs,  Ali
 I was so excited

This is what your almond meal should look like.  Pulse until big chunks are gone and then grind until fluffy, but not too long or it will turn into almond butter
 I keep my almonds in the freezer for longer storage
 My mouth is watering at this point and I can hardly keep from eating the dough
 don't pour too much in the waffle machine or it leaks out the side

They're a little darker because of the skins on the almonds.  I don't blanche my almonds or peel them.  I think we need the fiber.  I did spray my waffle iron well the first time but after that I didn't respray and they still popped out easily.  They're not as crisp as a traditional waffle but no complaints here, they tasted great!
Hope you enjoy my Skinny Gluten Free Low Glycemic Almond Meal Waffles!  xx
Gluten Free Low Carb Almond Meal Waffles
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups fine raw almond meal ground in coffee mill
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt or sugarless applesauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon raw honey
  • 1 teaspoon GF pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions:
  1. Spray waffle iron with canola oil and Preheat
  2. Whisk your eggs in a medium bowl until almost doubled and a light lemon yellow color.
  3. Add your yogurt,  honey, and vanilla - whisk together well.
  4. Next add your almond flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix together thoroughly.
  5. Pour about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup into each side of your waffle iron and cook until your light goes off or they are nice and brown. It took about 4 minutes for mine
  6. Makes apx 6 large waffles

Comments

  1. I'm always looking for different LC recipes. I'm not that experienced with almond flour - this is a must try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were pretty dry and breadlike..Not sure what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, did you use almond meal flour or a finer commercial almond flour?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali