Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Gluten Free Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchiladas

If you're looking for something easy and healthy for dinner tonight try this!!   We cook a whole chicken each week so I always freeze some for fast dinners.  Love all the flavors and combinations you can throw into Mexican dishes!    Question of the day-  What's the easiest recipe you use over and over?  
  
This post Featured on Linda's wonderful  Gluten Free Wednesdays!
 

  • Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked sweet potato, mashed  (I microwave a large sweet potato, cool and peel)
  • 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • juice of 1/2 of a lime
  • 1-2 teaspoons GF chili powder- to taste.   I use McCormicks
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups GF enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained and chopped
  • 1 jalapeno,  seeded and diced
  • 10 GF corn tortillas
  • Reduced fat sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
  • Avocado slices and the other 1/2 of the lime, for garnish

Instructions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.

  1. In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, sweet potato, black beans, 1 cup cheese, chili powder, juice of 1/2 a lime and salt until well combined.
  2. Pour some of the sauce into the 13x9-inch baking dish. 
  3. Fry tortillas in a little oil until just browned – about 1 minute. 
  4. Place about 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture on one side of a tortilla, roll up, and place in baking dish; repeat process with remaining sweet potato mixture and tortillas.
  5. Drizzle remaining enchilada sauce on top of tortillas, and top with pineapple, jalapeno and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
  6. Serve with cilantro, lime and sour cream.

Makes 4-6 servings


Comments

  1. This looks delicious! I would not have thought to add sweet potatoes and pineapple to enchiladas. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! isn't it fun to throw the whole kitchen sink in? I do that with pizza too and love the results. Have you tried the Cauliflower pizza crust yet? It's to die for! Thanks for commenting sweetie, have a wonderful day. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali