Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny "McDonalds" Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, gluten free

I used to live on McDonald's Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits.  I loved them so much that I would buy two at a time, but I didn't know those little 5.3 ounce cups were 167 calories each!  Now I make my own and I've reduced the calories in half.  I love that mine is much bigger, GF and Low Glycemic! 
 It's just as good!  Now I just need to find those little cups...



Skinny GF "McDonald's" Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients:

1 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup of frozen sugarless strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup of Enjoy Life Perky's Crunchy Rice cereal or a low glycemic granola
2 pkts of Stevia

Instructions:

  1. Put your frozen berries in a small bowl and sprinkle them with 1 pkt of Stevia.  
  2. Microwave for apx 1 minute or until just barely defrosted and you see a little juice release
  3. In another small bowl mix the other pkt of Stevia with the yogurt
  4. In your parfait glass layer the berries and juice, then the yogurt and top with cereal or granola

Note- Enjoy Life's Crunchy Rice cereal ingredients are Rice flour, Rice Bran, Raisen Juice Concentrate, Honey and Salt!


Enjoy!!  xoxo

Comments