Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Skinny Gluten Free Grain & Sugar free Brownie Recipe


I know you've probably seen black bean brownies many times before, but I think the changes I made makes them worth posting again.  When I'm craving chocolate, and I crave chocolate a lot, I want it to taste  fabulous, and I also want it to be so healthy that I can snitch a piece it in the middle of the night with no guilt!  I knew using the black beans was worth another try, but none of my earlier attempts had left me desperate to work on it.  So the other day..craving chocolate once again.. I gave it another shot and love the results.  The taste is so much richer and they have no sugar, no butter, no flour, and lots of protein!  So here's my Skinny Gluten Free Grain & Sugar free Brownie and I hope you enjoy.  :)

Skinny Gluten Free Grain & Sugar free Brownie

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with a little coconut oil and dust with a bit of the cocoa powder

Ingredients:

1- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed in a colander
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh warm espresso- I use Starbucks
1/2 cup GF unsweetened cocoa powder
6 pkts of Stevia  (to taste) 
2 tablespoons psyllium whole husks
1/2 cup finely ground almond meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup GF sugar free chocolate chips- I use Hersheys
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Instructions:

  1. In a food processor or blender,  blend the beans and coconut oil until creamy.  
  2. Add the eggs, vanilla and pulse a few more times. 
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and then add the wet mixture to the dry.  
  4. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips, saving some for the top.
  5. Pour into prepared pan, smooth evenly and sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.  Cool and enjoy!!  xx

Comments