Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny GF Pumpkin Spice Latte

Not to take anything away from my beloved Starbucks, I am a Seattle girl after all, but now days we are watching our pennies, so it makes sense to make our own lattes at home.  I do indulge and treat myself to a latte at Starbucks once in awhile and I buy their espresso beans and grind them in my coffee grinder. We have a great Krups espresso machine that we love and use everyday!  It's very easy to make a great latte, but if you need tips just holler.   Then you can snuggle into your own big comfy chair with your homemade Starbucks coffee in hand, your computer, and the smell of coffee in the air... Plus you can wear your jammies,  lower your calories and guarantee that your latte is gluten free!  Love and hugs to all  xoxo

                                                     Photo courtesy of Starbucks

Skinny GF Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes 3-4 servings

Ingredients:

3 cups unsweetened low fat coconut milk or almond milk
1 cup canned pumpkin  or you can roast and puree butternut squash
3-4 pkts of Stevia, to taste
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice- McCormicks is gluten free
2 ounces (double shot) espresso per cup or 1 cup of strong brewed coffee per cup- I use Starbucks Espresso Beans, ground fine for our espresso machine or a medium grind for the French Press

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl (or your blender) whisk together milk, pumpkin and stevia until smooth. Microwave in the large bowl on high until steaming.  2-3 minutes   
  2. Stir in vanilla and spice, whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk to blend the spices.
  3. Divide the fresh espresso between mugs. Add the milk mixture.
  4. Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon on top and a bit of sugar free whipped cream or I steam a little milk into foam.  Enjoy!!  xx   

Comments