Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Amazing Gluten Free and Sugar Free Low Carb Cheesecake

Guess what?  I made this new Gluten Free Low Carb Cheesecake with only a 1/4 of the calories of  my original New York Cheesecake!  It's amazing, but true!
I made the crust very skinny..haha...but if you want it to go up the sides of your pan you can double the crust recipe.  I was happy with the lower calories and a little crunch
I know you're saying why the protein powder?  because studies have shown if you drink a small whey protein drink before meals you lose weight.  Also if you add it into your bake goods you get similar benefits.  I'm not saying this is true, just what I've read and I'm going to give it a try.  I love my protein powder below, but any good low carb gluten free brand you like will work.  Hope you enjoy my new Gluten Free and Sugar Free Low Carb Cheesecake!!  hugs,  Ali

Linked to  Allergy Free Wednesdays & Gluten-Free Wednesdays
 Amazing Gluten Free and Sugar Free Low Carb Cheesecake

Time needed   1 1/2 hours

Baking tools needed   9-10 inch Springform pan, large baking sheet, mixer, and foil.  Parchment paper makes it easier to remove your cake but cooking spray works as well

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

Crust:
  • 1 cup almond meal, finely ground
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons Truvia baking blend  or honey
 Filling:

  • 8 oz package Neufchatel Cheese, room temp
  • 3/4 cup gluten free low fat cottage cheese, pureed smooth
  • 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek Yogurt
  • 3/4 cup Truvia Baking blend or equivalent sweetener of choice to taste
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, I use Body Fortress
Instructions:

  1. In a bowl mix your crust ingredients until well combined and press into the base of greased or parchment lined springform pan
  2. Bake for 10 minutes or just set and remove from oven and cool
  3. In the large bowl of your mixer or food processor, puree the cottage cheese until smooth
  4. Add the cream cheese and yogurt, beat or pulse until creamy and smooth, scrape down sides
  5. Add the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon juice, protein powder, salt and beat until combined
  6. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
  7. Wrap your springform pan in foil, tucking in firmly to the sides
  8. Pour the filling onto the crust and set the cake on a large baking sheet.  I use my broiler pan base
  9. Place the cake in the oven and fill the baking sheet with hot water.  Depending on the sides of your baking sheet you want the water to go almost 1/2 way up the springform pan
  10. Bake with the door closed for 45-50 minutes.  The top should be lightly browned and filling set.  I use a meat thermometer to check doneness.  It should read 150 or so.  
  11. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven, don't burn yourself with the hot water.  Set cake to cool on rack for 15-20 min.  Ease a knife around the outside edges and release springform pan.  Cool cheesecake for 2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight for best flavor and texture.  Enjoy!!
Fruit sauce:

Combine fresh or frozen berries/fruit, sweetener of choice to taste and simmer until thickened. Cool

Comments

  1. HI, in your instructions you do not say where to put the yogurt in at - I'm assuming it's with the cottage cheese and cream cheese; but you may want to adjust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bachar, I have revised and appreciate your comment!! Ali

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali