Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Homemade Gluten Free Almond Butter

 Thick creamy homemade Gluten Free Almond Butter that tastes incredibly rich and deep

By soaking and slow roasting your almonds first and you get so much more flavor! This method takes a few days prep but you will have healthy digestible almond butter for a fraction of the cost at the stores. 

Do you wish you could have Gluten Free Almond butter without additives, sugars or chances of cross contamination?  And for a lower price than the store brands?  That's what I wanted too!  I love using almond meal in my baking, but the thought of grinding up my precious and expensive almonds kept me from trying my own homemade almond butter.   I was happy to buy a little here and there when I wanted some, but usually it wasn't in my budget. Finally I decided to try making it myself and I was really happy with the results. It's very easy and tastes incredible!  This recipe makes apx 2-2 1/2 cups of almond butter from 1 pound of slow roasted almonds for apx $5.00.  That's a pretty great savings!
Homemade Gluten Free Slow Roasted Almond Butter

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound raw almonds with the skins on, soaked and slow dried/roasted *
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup almond milk , as needed
  • dash salt
  • 2 tablespoons honey or you can use Stevia
Instructions:
  1. The first day.  Soak your almonds in enough water to cover and 1 tablespoon sea salt for at least 7 hours.  Drain the next day and pat dry.
  2. The second day.  Preheat oven to 150
  3. Lay out your almonds in a single layer on a large baking sheet and slow roast for apx 24 hours or until crisp and dry.
  4. The third day.  Put your roasted/dried nuts in your large food processor bowl and turn on high for apx 2 minutes or until you have a nice fluffy meal
  5. If you have a very strong food processor you can add a dash of salt now and sweeteners and you will be done as soon as the almond butter is smooth. 
  6. If using an older model just keep processing scraping down the sides as needed
  7. My food processor is older and it needed some help, so I added a little almond milk to get a thick, smooth & creamy texture.
  8. I stored mine in a covered container in the fridge and it was still nice and creamy the next day! 
  9. * Make sure your almonds are gluten free and not processed in a facility that also processes wheat

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali