Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Miracle Paleo Banana Bread, only 3 min in the microwave


I saw this super simple method of making Paleo Flax bread on YouTube awhile back.  I adore Flax and couldn't wait to try it!  The first try was a little boring so I revised the original recipe and now I love the results.  Awesome for breakfast when you want something fast and high protein.  It's pretty miraculous how great it tastes! and perfect for a Paleo diet if you are eating bananas.   Flax is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Thiamin and Manganese. You get calcium, iron, a whole days worth of Dietary Fiber, low carbs, no sugar (except the natural sugar in the bananas) and 13 grams of protein in only 3 minutes time!  
The bread comes out soft and moist with a light sponge texture.  Don't worry it won't spill out of the cup when you cook it.  It will raise up, look very scary and sink back down.  I used a big cup that is 4 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches high.

Miracle Paleo Banana Bread, gluten free, grain free, sugar free

Makes 2-3 servings 

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of gluten free golden flax meal
  • 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder (tiny bit of grain)
  • dash of salt
  • 1 small ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/8 teaspoon gluten free pure vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • dash of gluten free pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 packet of Stevia
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped


Instructions:
  1. In a large microwavable coffee cup, mix the ingredients well until incorporated.  Your batter will be thick and should only fill your cup about 1/2 full.
  2. Microwave on High for apx 2 1/2 - 3 minutes
  3. The bread will rise higher than the cup and then fall back down.  Don't overcook.
  4. Remove from the microwave and let sit for a minute.  
  5. Turn out the bread on a rack and cool a few minutes more.  We like ours warm. 
  6. Slice and enjoy!!

Comments