Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Tipsy Paleo Chocolate Brownies, GF, grain free, sugar free option


You know those wonderful little rum cakes from the Caribbean Islands? They are soaked in Rum and would make me tipsy after eating just one! I used to make them for the holidays and I've been meaning to try making them gluten free, but I'm not eating grains right now, so I thought I would try making them grain free!

Then the other day I was inspired by Elana's Pantry Paleo Brownies and went to work.  I came up with this new Skinny version of her brownies and they're are so healthy that I thought, what the heck, let's soak these babies with some Rum sauce!  but when I went to cupboard the Rum was gone!  Sneaky husbands.....luckily I still had Grand Marnier from Christmas.


The chocolate of the brownie with the orange flavor of the Grand Marnier is wonderful.  The soaked texture is perfect and holds together.  They sat on the counter for 2 days are were still fresh.  Can you believe they lasted that long? Me either!

Tipsy Paleo Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Homemade Roasted Almond Butter  or use your favorite brand
  • 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, or for Sugar Free try 1 tablespoon Vanilla Liquid Stevia
  • 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
  • 1 tablespoon pure gluten free Vanilla
  • 2/3 cup gluten free Baking Cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup agave or honey
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 cup Rum or Grand Marnier
Instructions:
  1. In your food processor or bowl of large mixer, beat the almond butter and sweet potato
  2. Blend in the eggs, agave, Truvia, vanilla, cocoa, salt, baking soda until smooth
  3. Stir in chocolate pieces
  4. Pour into greased 9x13 pan
  5. Bake 325 for apx 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan
  6. To make the sauce-
  7. Combine butter, agave and water in a saucepan and heat to a low boil
  8. Simmer a few minutes until it reduces and thickens into a syrup, stirring as needed
  9. Remove from heat and add the alcohol carefully
  10. Poke holes in your brownies with a toothpick. Pour some of the hot syrup on top and let it soak in
  11. Continue to add syrup as needed until well soaked
  12. Let sit overnight in pan (if you can wait that long) and then enjoy!! 

Makes 12-14 large brownies

Comments