Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Skinny Gluten Free Yummy Blondies

I had heard that BabyCakes NYC makes a lot of their baked goods with high protein Garfava Bean flours and I love baking with bean flours. I've been wanting to visit BabyCakes for awhile now, but it's a long drive for a cookie!  So when I saw this recipe on the back of the Bob's Redmill Gluten Free Garfava Bean Flour bag I had to try it. 
I made some changes to reduce the sugar, carbs and added flax for even more protein.  They turned out wonderful with no bean flavor at all. 

You have to try these easy Gluten free Blondies!  They have that wonderful crisp brownie edge all the way around and taste like a cross between a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie.  Super yummy and very healthy!  Hope you enjoy  xx

Skinny Gluten Free Yummy Blondies

Inspired by BabyCakes NYC and Bob's Redmill

Ingredients:

1/2 cup gluten free Garbanzo-Fava Bean Flour
1/2 cup gluten free Millet flour
1/4 cup potato flour
1/2 cup gluten free cornstarch
1/4 cup flax meal
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon psyllium husks-opt
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Trulia Stevia Baking Blend
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or molasses
1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons gluten free pure vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips

Instructions:

 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray regular or mini muffin tins with cooking oil

  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients very well
  2. Add liquid ingredients and stir by hand until batter is smooth
  3. Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir to incorporate
  4. Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full
  5. Bake apx 10-15 minutes, depending on your muffin size or until lightly browned and firm to touch

Comments