Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Thai Coconut Curry, GF, DF, Paleo


We love Curry with a passion.  I have a local restaurant that makes GF Mango Curry for me and I send my hubby over when I don't want to cook.  But being on a budget I don't get it as much as I want to, so this recipe fills in perfectly.  

Usually I keep a really good curry powder (careful many have gluten in them) in the house, or I use Thai Kitchen curry paste.  Today my curry paste was outdated!  That shows you how much I love going to that restaurant.

So I lightly browned 2 tablespoons of curry powder in my dry saucepan for a few minutes and then added the coconut milk. Either way works great.  You can start with a tablespoon if you don't want it super hot like we do. 

Now I just need to figure out how they make that Mango curry sauce!    Anyone have a recipe?  Update!  I figured it out and here's my new Papaya Chicken Curry!

Gluten Free Thai Coconut Curry, GF, DF, Paleo

Ingredients:

1-2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen red or yellow curry paste, depending on the heat you want. 
1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
1-2 cups gluten free chicken stock, as needed
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure gluten free lemon grass-opt
1 teaspoon sugar or honey-opt
1 tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic, minced 
2-3 cups mixed vegetables  (we use a bag with cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 skinless chicken breasts plus 1 thigh, cooked and chopped 
White or brown rice

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan combine Red Curry paste with coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
  2. Mix the cornstarch into 1 1/2 cups of the chicken stock and add to the curry mixture. Add  sugar and lemon grass if using and simmer, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes.  Add more stock if too thick.
  3. Add oil to a large skillet or Wok on medium high heat, the chopped peppers and chopped onion and mixed vegetables.  Fry until just tender and little browned.  Add garlic and chicken, stir fry for a minute more.  Reduce heat
  4. Add the curry sauce to the Wok and simmer for several minutes. Serve over cooked rice.