Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Zesty Garden Fresh Radish Butter, GF, LF


This is my second year to attempt to grow radishes here in Oklahoma. Last year they didn't grow bigger than seedlings. This year I ended up with a gallon of radish greens, but the roots didn't really develop.

I didn't want all my efforts to go to waste and since I did have about 4 Tablespoons of minced radish root, I decided to make radish butter!


It couldn't be more simple or more tasty! The oil from the butter really tones down the sharpness of the radish for a very pleasant yet zesty flavor.

I made some drop biscuits using Aldi's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix. It was an impulse buy that I wanted to try. The biscuits are so yellow because of the rich, orange egg yolks from the locally sourced eggs that I used.


Zesty Garden Fresh Radish Butter

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons minced radish root, about 4-6 radishes
4 tablespoons minced garlic scapes (the green part of the garlic as it's growing, I used a handful)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature

Directions:

1. Mince radishes and garlic scapes in a food processor with salt. I have a small 2 cup processor for small projects.

2. Scrape minced veggies out of the food processor into a bowl with softened butter and mash together until combined.

Spread on fresh bread or I think this will be fantastic on burgers or roast beef sandwiches!

Comments