Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Epic Shredded Beef Soft Tacos, gluten free

Epic Shredded Beef Soft Tacos, gluten free
From my friend Diana, "Over the years my mom has told me stories of these epic shredded beef burritos she used to stop and get from a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant, when walking home from school in Los Angeles, back in the 60s. You could see her go back to that time and place every time she talked about how tender and flavorful the meat was.

Her stories inspired me to try to recreate something similar to what she dreams of.

Before going gluten-free I used to make these burritos quite often with regular burrito tortillas and a slow-cooked rump roast.

Personally, this is one of my all-time favorite foods. I feel like a giddy schoolgirl every time I have them.



This is my first time to make the recipe since going gluten-free and I'm making it in taco form rather than burritos, simply because it didn't occur to my husband and I to make burrito size tortillas. We can be airheads like that.

I made gluten-free tortillas using  Ali's pizza crust recipe and I'm using a local, grass-fed chuck roast."

Thanks Diana for your wonderful recipe!


Epic Shredded Beef Tacos by Diana

Ingredients:

Rump Roast or Chuck Roast
1 - 4 oz can green chiles
1 onion, diced
1-2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
Salt and pepper
Gluten Free Tortillas
Refried beans, pinto or black
Cilantro
1 onion, diced (for garnish)

Directions:

1. Season the rump roast with salt, pepper and cumin. Place in slow cooker and top with green chiles, onion and garlic, then cook on low 6-8 hours or until shreds easily with a fork.

2. When roast is done cooking, heat refried beans.

3. Top tortillas with refried beans, meat, cilantro and onion.

Serve!

Comments