Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Lentil Chocolate Brownie Microwave Cake, gluten free


I'm trying out homemade Lentil flour for my baked goods today.  Lentils don't need to be soaked and are small enough to grind easily in a coffee mill.  This cake comes out like a rich chocolate brownie with a nice dense cake like texture. So for 5 minutes work and apx .75 cents in ingredients you can have a low carb treat whenever the mood hits. Not bad!

 My coffee cup is very large.  Make sure whatever you use has room for expansion!

 It smells incredible when it's cooking.  I could barely wait the 3 minutes! 

Heavenly Low Carb Lentil Chocolate Brownie Microwave Cake

 Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons Lentil flour (grind dry lentils in your coffee mill, sifted) 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh coffee
  • 2 tablespoons local honey or 3 packet Stevia or sweetener of choice
  • 2 tablespoons gluten free cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil

Instructions:
  1. In a large microwavable coffee mug, add ingredients in order above,  mixing after each addition with a whisk until well blended. 
  2. Microwave on high for apx 2 1/2-3 minutes. It will rise and fall when removed. Don't overcook
  3. Enjoy topped with fresh Greek yogurt.  Try my Homemade Greek Yogurt Recipe!