Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Homemade Gluten Free "Instant" Chocolate Pudding Pie, low glycemic, so easy!

Happiness for me is pie.  Here's how I make gluten free homemade instant chocolate pudding in the microwave in just 4 minutes with just a few simple healthy ingredients!
Then I pour the pudding into my Low Carb Almond meal crust and I have a gorgeous Chocolate Cream Pie in no time at all.  Topped with fresh whipped cream.. it's pretty close to heaven. 

The secret to a lovely lump free pudding is tons of whisking.  I add the cocoa after I warm the milk so that it's easier to mix in. 
After 3 1/2- 4 minutes your pudding should be nicely thickened and coat your whisk.  It will set up more in the fridge so don't overcook it.    You might also like to try my  Gluten Free & Sugar Free Key Lime Pie!

Homemade Instant Chocolate Cream Pie, #glutenfree

Makes one large 9 inch pie

Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup local honey
  • 6 tablespoons gluten free cornstarch
  • 3 cups 2% milk, almond milk or coconut milk
  • 1/3 cup gluten free unsweetened cocoa 
  • 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla
  • 12 drops vanilla liquid stevia, to taste
Crust Ingredients:

I use my Almond Meal Crust  prebaked and cooled.  It's super easy and Low Carb!

Instructions:
  1. In a large wide bottomed bowl, whisk the honey, cornstarch and milk until smooth.  
  2. Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes or until warm.  Warming the milk mixture makes it easier to whisk in the cocoa.
  3. Now slowly whisk in the cocoa a little at a time until no lumps remain.
  4. Microwave again for 30 seconds or until pudding starts to bubble, remove from the microwave and whisk until smooth.  
  5. Return to microwave and repeat the 30 second intervals 2-3 more times, removing and whisking each time until pudding is thick.  Depending on your microwave it should take apx 4 minutes total.
  6. Pour pudding into your pie crust and cover with plastic wrap (pressed gently onto the surface) to keep the pudding from forming a skin.  The plastic wrap will remove easily when the pudding has cooled.
  7. Cool in the fridge until firm and slice.  Serve with fresh whipped cream or whipped coconut cream. 

Comments