Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Gluten Free Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, GF, DF, V

When you have a lot of veggies in the house you get creative! Hubby gave these veggie burgers a big thumbs up and that's a miracle coming from my meat eating man.


I love being able to cut some meat from our diets and still make him happy. Plus it's great for my budget!  

Makes 10 large Veggie Burgers

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 can of black beans, drained
  • 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup flax meal
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • Fresh parsley
  • 2 handfuls fresh spinach (or I also like, 1 cup broccoli and 1/2 of a cooked sweet potato)
  • 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (or other binder's like Chia and flax )
  • 1 tablespoon Italian spices
  • Dash gluten free Tamari
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon gluten free chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon gluten free curry powder
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper
  • Lawry's seasoning salt, to taste. 
  • 1 cup cooked brown rice 
  • 2 cups cooked brown rice, reserved or try steamed cauliflower for low carb
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil, reserve 2 tablespoons for browning
Instructions:
  1. Put everything except the reserved brown rice in the food processor. Pulse until thick, slowly adding two tablespoons of the olive oil.  I like mine a little chunky. 
  2. Stir in the remaining 2 cups cooked brown rice by hand and form into large patties. 
  3. Brown patties in reserved 2 tablespoons olive oil
  4. Bake on a greased or lined baking sheet at 350 for 15 minutes turning once.