Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Paleo Squash Bread, gluten free


When I saw the Delicata squash in my box from Space Girl Organics  last week, I thought about bread.  I love incorporating squash and sweet potatoes into baked goods, but I don't like how time consuming it is to peel squash.  Recently I learned that Delicata squash skin is edible, and I was thrilled. No peeling and you get all of the benefits of the skin and fiber!
So I chopped the squash into chunks, baked it in the oven until tender, and then pureed it in the food processor.   It turned out great and saved so much time!
Makes 2 loaves

Grease two bread pans.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

Dry: Mix well in a large bowl

  • 1 cup Bob's Redmill gluten free almond meal flour, I sift and regrind any large bits
  • 2/3 cup organic unsweetened gluten free coconut flour 
  • 1/2 cup tapioca starch or organic non gmo cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Wet: whisk well in another bowl
  • 5 large organic eggs
  • 2 tablespoons raw honey
  • 2 cups (apx one large) Delicata squash, cooked and pureed  
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Instructions:

  1. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, until all the dry is incorporated.  Divide batter equally between greased pans.
  2. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown,  firm the touch and toothpick comes out clean.