Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Low Carb Gluten Free Homemade Granola, sugar free, grain free option

I love my Homemade Greek yogurt and low carb gluten free granola! Instead of munching on goodies at night it satisfies my cravings and gives me protein and healthy probiotics.  It's also a fraction of the cost to make at home!
If you can't eat nuts, then try just using gluten free oats, millet or a combination of seeds.  I've also added cinnamon and allspice for a change.  If you don't use Stevia , then try local raw honey, agave or maple syrup. You can play with this recipe. I've made it many different ways and it always comes out great.
Want a cookie instead?  How about my Lovely Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups organic gluten free mix of raw almonds, walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
  • 1 cup organic gluten free unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup gluten free chia seed or fresh flax seed
  • 1 scoop gluten free whey protein powder
  • 1/4 cup gluten free and sugar free nut butter, softened or melted coconut oil
  • Sweetener of choice. I like 10 drops of vanilla liquid stevia or 2 tablespoons of local honey
  • 1 cup gluten free oatmeal-opt   (If you don't want grains you can leave this out 
  • 1/2 cup dried gluten free and sugar free cranberries or dried fruit of choice, chopped, add after baking
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 300 degree F
  1. Add the chopped nuts to a large bowl. I chop my nuts in a chopper or you can use a food processor. 
  2. Mix well the nuts, coconut flakes, flax or chia, whey protein powder, nut butter or coconut oil, and sweetener of choice.
  3. Pour onto a large parchment lined baking sheet and press out so that you have a even layer.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.  Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
  5. Cool.  Store in a covered container.  Refrigerate for longer storage.
Notes:

Lately I've been using less nuts, adding some almond meal flour, coconut flour, psyllium husks plus a tiny splash of coconut or almond milk to help moisten. Be sure to mix very well until crumbly!