Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Spritz Christmas Cookies


I picked up an old fashioned metal cookie press from the second hand store and couldn't wait to try making Gluten Free Spritz Christmas Cookies. They've always been a favorite of mine and it's been a long time since I had one.
I was thrilled with how they came out. They taste just like I remembered! Buttery, crisp and melt in your  mouth!Everyone's favorite remade gluten-free and they are just as delicious!
Then I made Gluten Free Russian Tea Cakes!  I love Christmas!

If you can't find an older cookie press, you might like this one at Amazon.  It has some impressive reviews. Kuhn Cookie Press (affiliate)
Your dough should be pliable, soft, but not wet, and easily inserted into the press
homemade gluten free spritz Christmas cookies
Now I just need to give them away before I eat them all.  Happy Holiday cookie baking! 

Makes 4 dozen

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
  • 3/4 cup organic butter, melted, for dairy free use Earth Balance
  • 1 large egg, or Ener-G for egg free
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt or gluten free baking powder for a lighter cookie
  • 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon gluten free pure almond extract
  • 2 1/4 cups Gluten Free flour, see recipe below
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  1. In a large bowl, beat/cream the butter and sugar for apx a minute.  Add egg and beat well.
  2. Add dry ingredients and extracts.  Beat until well mixed. 
  3. Divide dough. Fit cookie press with desired template, fill with cookie dough. Press dough, onto ungreased cookie sheets.  
  4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
  5. Decorate with sprinkles
Basic Gluten Free flour recipe:

1 cup Gluten Free White Rice flour
3/4 cup Gluten Free Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice flour
1/4 cup Gluten Free tapioca starch/flour
1/4 cup Gluten Free organic cornstarch, or potato starch
1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
Whisk well and store in the fridge.  

Comments

  1. GF recipes are great to have handy! Thanks! Shared on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, Spritz cookies were my favorite Christmas cookie my Mother made. Thank you so much for bringing back an oldie with a new recipe. Can't wait to try it. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, my sister in law can't use any corn or potato starch is there is something else she can use? Also what is xanthan gum and why should she use it? Thanks for your help, I am trying to help her because her child is on a strick diet. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, you could use arrowroot starch. I would watch the dough and add a little more butter if it's dry as arrowroot can suck up liquids. Let me know how it works! xo

      Delete
  4. PINNED. Thanks for the recipes. Linda Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have to have a cookie recipe as my go to for last minute gifts for neighbors or friends....This is it! Pinning & tweeting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! How fun! I just realized that my mom totally has one of these in the back of her cabinet and I never knew what it was for! I'm going to have to try your recipe now - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you will love them! I'm afraid to make them because I will eat them all! Happy Holidays sweetie. Hope to see you again soon. xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali