Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Seattle Teriyaki Chicken & Cabbage Slaw Copycat Recipe, gluten free

Homemade Teriyaki Chicken & Cabbage Slaw, gluten free
Living in Seattle you will find Teriyaki shops in every town. There aren't as many as Starbucks but it's a close race and we love them both. Now my family has retired to a sunnier climate, but the memory of little hole in the wall shops and the wonderful smell while they cook your dinner will stay with me forever.
So, here's my copycat gluten free Teriyaki recipe and I think I did my hometown justice.  I served it to my family and they devoured it. That's always a good sign!

Linked to Miz Helen's wonderful Full Plate Thursday

Meat:
Marinate boneless skinless chicken thighs in gluten free Teriyaki Sauce.  Or try my Homemade Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe!  Put the chicken into a large ziplock bag and add just enough sauce to coat. Refrigerate until needed.
Cook marinated chicken on outdoor or indoor grill until no longer pink.  Baste with fresh sauce while cooking and serve extra on the table.

Salad:
1/2 a head of cabbage, thinly sliced.
1 large organic cucumber, peel and slice
Toss in a large bowl

Salad Dressing Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup gluten free mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons cane sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice to thin, as needed
Instructions:
  1. In a bowl, whisk the mayo, garlic, rice vinegar, cane sugar, sesame oil until the sugar is dissolved.  Add a little milk of choice or yogurt whey to thin to desired thickness.  
  2. Serve over thinly sliced cabbage and cucumbers. Refrigerate for 30 min. 

Comments