Featured Post

20 min. Yeast-Free, Gluten-Free Italian Bread & Easy Mezzetta Olive Tapenade

My favorite holiday memories are of having lots of family and friends over for big meals. I love doing the cooking, preparing holiday recipes, the noise and laughter in the house, and of course, eating the food. I've happily adapted most of my old recipes to gluten-free but I had one more challenge. I was missing crusty chewy   Italian bread that I could make into Crostini! I've always loved warm toasted chewy bites of Italian bread at holiday parties. Topped with Tapenade or made into Bruschetta, they are my favorite appetizers, but I hadn't quite found the right gluten-free flour blend to achieve that wonderful chewiness, until now! I'm so excited to share my NEW 20-minute Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Egg-Free, and Xanthan Gum-Free Italian Bread Rolls with you and did I say, they only take 20 minutes? No yeast, no rising and so easy to make. This amazing dough is also perfect patted out thin for flatbread or pizza crust. Scroll down to see my new Pizza crust u

Super Breakfast Muffin Recipe made with Oatmeal, Carrot and Blueberry, gluten free, egg free, sugar free

Try this Super muffin recipe made with gluten free oat flour, carrots, chia and blueberries. All the things you want for breakfast in a muffin!
Sometimes life gets busy and I forget to eat right! If I'm running out the door in the morning and if there's nothing easily portable, like a muffin or yogurt, I'll go without breakfast. Not a great thing to do,  but that's what happens when you are gluten free and you can't stop at McDonald's!
So I made up this recipe with all of my favorite breakfast ingredients in one easy to carry delicious little package and I call it my Super Muffin. It gives me fiber, vegetables, protein, tons of vitamins, and these wonderful gluten-free muffins fill me up!

Healthy, tons of nutrition and they taste like an oatmeal cookie! Super yummy.

You can substitute almost any flour for the oat flour or for low carb try almond or hazelnut flour. Make sure you dough is very thick and feel free playing with the add-ins.

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups (128 g) gluten free oat flour, grind oats in a coffee mill to fine flour
  • 1/2 cup (50 g) gluten free Bob's Red Mill Oats
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon gluten free cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons (18 g) gluten-free chia or flax seed, ground
  • 2-3 very ripe bananas = 1 cup mashed (230 g)  
  • 1/4 cup (52 g) coconut oil or oil of choice
  • 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
  • 2 carrots, (108 g) shredded finely, set on paper towels to dry
  • 1/4 teaspoon Stevia pure white powder or 2 tablespoons local honey
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup (44 g)  nuts or seeds, chopped if necessary
  • 1 cup (129 g) fresh berries
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut, optional

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F./180 C    Place liners in a muffin pan.

  1. Shred the carrots and set on several layers of paper towels to drain. 
  2. Combine all of the dry ingredients (except the chia) in a bowl and set aside.
  3. In a deep medium bowl, combine the ground chia and mashed bananas. Let sit to gel for 10 minutes. 
  4. Add the coconut oil  to the banana mixture and mix with a hand mixer for a minute until fluffed up. 
  5. Now using a large wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the vinegar, carrots, stevia or honey, nuts, and slowly add the flour mixture. Stir gently until fully incorporated.
  6. Fold in the berries and coconut if using, scraping the sides of the bowl and turning from the bottom.
  7. Spoon into liners, filling to the top evenly. Bake on middle rack for 30-35 minutes or until brown and a stick comes out mostly dry. 

Comments