Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Family Baked Spaghetti Dinner, fast and easy and more on Savoring Saturdays

Happy Valentines Weekend!  I whipped up a quick and easy gluten-free Baked Spaghetti dinner tonight that we loved so much I had to share! 
Especially if you're like I am and running around like crazy this weekend. (sorry, no time for fancy pics either, we were hungry!)
I think it would be perfect for a Valentines Dinner too. Maybe it's the new proposal recipe? Let me know if it works! 
Keep reading because we have lots more to share
Serves 6

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound gluten-free spaghetti noodles
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2-2 cups sliced mushrooms (one small carton)
  • 2 cups leftover meat, cubed
  • 1 (24 oz) jar gluten free Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs or more to taste
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  I use a 12x8x2 1/2 inch baking dish. 
  1. Cook noodles to al dente, rinse, drain and pour into the casserole dish.
  2. While the noodles are cooking, add olive oil to a large fry pan. Saute green pepper, onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 -6 minutes or until tender. 
  3. Add meat, sauce, herbs, salt and pepper to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
  4. Pour spaghetti sauce over the noodles in the casserole dish. Stir gently. 
  5. Top with shredded cheese. Place on a large baking sheet in case of drips. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.


Now on to Savoring Saturdays!

My favorite from last week is:
http://www.recipestonourish.com/2015/02/chocolate-strawberry-cake-strawberry-buttercream-frosting.html
Chocolate Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting, and it's gluten free! Absolutely gorgeous recipe from Recipes to Nourish!

Last week’s most popular post was:
Mini Low Carb Pumpkin Pies by My Life Cookbook  
We just can't get enough pumpkin pies! I don't care what the season is! I love them too!

Here's what your hosts have been up to this week!
http://raiasrecipes.com/2015/02/banana-nut-butter-blondies.html

Raia made Banana Nut Butter Blondies!
http://flippindelicious.com/2015/02/gluten-free-chicken-cordon-bleu-quiche.html

Brianna made a Gluten-Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Quiche!
http://www.skinnygfchef.com/2015/02/gluten-free-sweet-potato-apple-crisp.html

I made Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Apple Crisp

http://lovelovething.com/table/


And Danielle reviewed a grain free Cookbook  And Here We Are At the Table! I love it!



Comments