Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake and keeping fit with Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bars


My sister and I want to stay healthy so we started working out twice a week, often in 90+- degree weather!  Even with our busy schedules, we meet up at a local coffee shop, enjoy a latte, and a healthy snack before we head out to walk the beach for several miles.
It's a great time for both of us, but often, there is little time to enjoy – let alone find – the right healthy snack. Especially for me, as most coffee shops don't carry gluten-free snacks.
Today I brought ZonePerfect's Perfectly Simple nutrition bars to share. They are high in protein, 200 calories or less, and gluten-free… they’re the perfect blend of simple, wholesome ingredients in one tasty, on the go snack.
Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake, gluten free and grain free
At home, I try to make healthy desserts that my family will love too! Scroll down to see my new Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake recipe. It's gluten-free, lower in carbs and delicious!
I found the Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bars at my local Target store. The flavors are all of my favorites and I love that they have 11 grams of protein in each bar.

https://ooh.li/d9ca19f
The Bing Cherry & Almond was my favorite. It's a bit sweeter than what I am used to but with a latte it was wonderful. I was satisfied all morning long and had tons of energy for our walk. My sister enjoyed the Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Nutrition Bar.
After our healthy snack, we are ready to go. This is our favorite #FeelGooder time together.
Thank goodness for the cool water on a hot day. It's fun to walk into the waves while we work out!
It was another great day getting healthy and enjoying life!


Today I remade one of my old favorite cakes! Definitely a #FeelGooder dessert after a long day.

Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake, gluten-free, grain-free

Author-Ali Williams
Serves 6-8


Filling Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (21 oz) gluten-free and sugar-free Cherry Pie Filling
  • 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
Cake/Topping Ingredients:

Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl until fully incorporated.

Note: this mixture dumps on the filling dry!
  • 2 cups gluten-free Almond Meal Flour
  • 1/2 cup gluten-free coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup cane sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • pinch salt
 Add on top
  • 1/2 cup butter, sliced into tablespoons
  • 1/2 cup raw almonds, finely chopped, sprinkle on last
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

  1. In a large ovenproof baking dish, pour in the cherry pie filling. Add the pineapple and give it a stir.
  2. Pour the dry mixture over the top of the filling and spread out evenly. Place butter evenly over the dry mixture.
  3. Sprinkle the nuts on top.
  4. Bake for 1 hour or until browned and bubbling.

Comments