Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Popular Low Carb Recipes- Pumpkin Pie Waffles

Living Low Carb is an important life choice for me. When you have Celiac, the last thing you want is more dietary restrictions, but I gained weight eating the high carbs in gluten-free flours and sugar, and my gut wasn't healing until I went grain-free and sugar-free.

Finding the right balance of exercise, combined with a Low-Carb diet has made all the difference in my health and energy.

Today, I'm going to show you how I eat Low Carb with some of my favorite recipes and a NEW Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Waffle recipe that we love.

I also want to tell you about something important that we all can do to initiate a change for better nutrition guidelines in America. 
Make these easy blender grain-free Pumpkin Pie Waffles in minutes! grain free, refined sugar-free, gluten free

Did you know, "U.S. Dietary Guidelines are intended to be used in developing educational materials and aiding policymakers in designing and carrying out nutrition-related programs, including Federal nutrition assistance and education programs."

The school lunch programs have been largely based on recommendations of the Dietary Guidelines. This may be why our children are being fed a diet high in starches, sugars and carbohydrates at school. Imagine what a difference it would make in a child's life to eat healthy food each day at school. For many children in our country, this is the only meal of the day.  
In the past 30 years, adult obesity weights have doubled, and they are projected to rise to 50 percent by 2030. Today at least 50 percent of Americans have diabetes or pre-diabetes. Clinical studies show us that eating more sugar and starches puts people at risk for weight gain and nutrition-related health issues, such as diabetes. However this science is not acknowledged in the U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommendations. We can do something about this!
Make these easy blender grain-free Pumpkin Waffles in minutes!

At home, you can make these easy blender Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Waffles that are high in fiber and taste delicious. I make a big batch and toast up the leftovers for a quick easy Low Carb breakfast in minutes!
Make these easy blender grain-free Pumpkin Waffles in minutes!
Make these easy blender grain-free Pumpkin Waffles in minutes!

Pumpkin Pie Waffles, grain free, refined sugar-free, gluten free

Makes 8-10 waffles

Ingredients: use certified gluten free

1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 tablespoon psyllium husks
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon sweetener of choice, I use a stevia blend
1 cup milk of choice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 large egg
3/4 cup plain pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon molasses or pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients, mix well with a whisk, hand mixer or blender. Batter should be thick.
Grease waffle iron and preheat.
Cook until browned per your machines instructions. These waffles don't get quite as crisp as some I've made, but they are tender and delicious.
Store leftovers in a baggie and pop in the toaster or toaster oven the next day.

It’s time for all Americans to look beyond MyPlate and begin asking for dietary guidelines based on quality science generated from a variety of different experimental approaches that encompasses a range of different diet approaches.  It is also time we have dietary guidelines that eliminate the one-size-fits-all eating plan and focuses on the needs of a very diverse group of people.  This can only be done by disrupting the status quo and recognizing the insights of newer, better and more credible science.

Want more? Here are some of my POPULAR LOW CARB RECIPES for you to try!

Grain-Free Homemade Pasta Noodles


Flourless Cherry Dump Cake
  

Delicious Grain Free Microwave Sweet Potato Pies


A big grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookie that's a cake


Fluffy Low Carb Dumplings for any casserole



My Best Grain-Free Chia Bread in the Bread Machine






Grain-Free Pear Clafoutis, out of this world



So, as you can see I certainly don't suffer on my Low Carb diet! Be sure to check out all of my Low Carb and Grain Free recipes on my Homepage.


Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

  1. What a delicious way to get a healthier pumpkin fix! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been searching for new low carb recipes. This one is a keeper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yumm. I always am looking for new recipes for my waffles. I need to so focus more on eating healthier options.. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do this Renz! It's not hard at all and there are so many great recipes to choose from!

      Delete
  4. These look AMAZING!! Will add these to my list for next week--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some pumpkin pancakes at a restaurant last week and now I really want to try pumpkin waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family would love this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali