Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Crockpot Ragu Sunday Sauce

Traditionally in our house, we make a meat sauce that cooks for hours on the stove. It requires a fair amount of work to get it all prepped, browned, and then I have to stir it off and on for hours, so it won't burn. I love cooking, but Sunday is a nice day to relax, so I wanted to see if I could make a great #Italian Sunday meal with a lot less work...

Perfect for a lazy Sunday meal.

I decided to make my Sunday Ragu Pasta sauce recipe in the crockpot and I'm flabbergasted how good it is! The sauce came out thick, dark and beautifully rich. I barely had to do a thing. No mess, no browning, no pots and pans to wash. We snuggled on the couch watching football and movies, while the house filled with mouthwatering aromas, and I didn't have to jump up once.

If you are a beginner cook, this is the recipe for you. If you want to impress your family without all the work, this will do it. We will be making this a new tradition in our family and I bet you will too!


Trusted since 1937

I grew up eating Ragu spaghetti sauce. My mother used it for her spaghetti and even though she really didn't like to cook, we loved it her spaghetti. 
I followed her tradition, and in all my years of cooking I've found I can't beat the affordability, convenience and the flavor. 
The company states "The sauce is slowly simmered to add layers of flavor." Those flavors make it the perfect sauce for all of my dishes. I use it for Cacciatore, soups, and many other wonderful dinners. I even add a few tablespoons to my tapenade! It takes any dish up another level. 

Did you know?

Ragu uses farm grown ingredients and there are NO artificial flavors and NO high fructose corn syrup in their sauces!

For those of you who need gluten free, Ragu has stated that any gluten will be clearly noted in the ingredients.

Click here to see all of the recipes you can make with #Ragu!  


skinnygfchef.com


Crockpot Ragu Sunday Sauce #Simmeredintradition 

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 pounds steak, cubed and/or spicy Italian sausage (casing removed) 
  • 6-7 mushrooms, quartered 
  • 2 jars spaghetti sauce, Ragu Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil
  • Splash or two of red wine, opt
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
  • Parmesan cheese, shredded (a bit for the pot at the end and the rest for the table) 
  • 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti noodles, cooked just al dente

Instructions 

In a large crockpot, add the ingredients in order above. Cook on high covered for 4-6 hours, or until sauce has thickened and turns a dark rich color. 

Stir noodles into a large pot of salted boiling water, cook per package instructions. Especially for gluten free, cook just to the point of al dente/with a little bite. Drain. Return the noodles to the pot. Add enough sauce to coat. Cook on low, stirring for a few minutes to finish the noodles.

Serve with parmesan and a green salad.                





Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

  1. Yum!! This sounds like an easy, healthy Sunday dinner. Our Sunday routine ALWAYS involved takeout, though I hope one of these days to get my act together and get back to cooking more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds so delicious. I love a slow cooker meal that saves times and tastes delicious. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good. I use my crock pot so much because I'm not able to stand for long periods of time to cook a full meal. I'm can't wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a simple recipe and one that even my fuussy toddler would like! I have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Ragu sauce in our house! I never thought to mix up other things into our sauce this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love me some Ragu! Sometimes I like to spice mine up by mixing 2 different varieties, or mixing the meaty prego with a mushroom ragu. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks good and I can smell it from here. I love pasta, and making some innovations like what you did maybe a good idea. I will definitely try it at home and I know who's to blame when it becomes a tradition for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness i am a pasta lover..and i love trying out new dishes and receipies.This ragu seems to be so teasty.i will definatly try this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I love a good slowly simmered sauce, I admit that more often than not I use my favorite jarred variety. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a pasta lover and crockpot cooking a sauce is something I never though about before, I am definitely going to try it, thanks for the recipe | http://carmelapop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I've never been a fan of jarred sauces...I grew up in a home where we made fresh homemade pasta sauce ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pastas are a huge staple in our house as they feed a lot! I am always on the lookout for new sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crockpot sauces are the best! Slow simmered for ALL the rich flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not bought pasta sauces in a while! I'm tempted to get a Ragu sauce after seeing all the pictures here! We love pasta..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love crockpot meals! I always use my crockpot to make homemade pasta sauce and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ragu is one of my go to tomato sauces. I love that there is wine in this recipe - it makes all the difference in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that Ragu isn't using HFCS in their sauces. It's our favorite brand of sauce and just another reason I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a big Ragu fan! I also love a good crockpot recipe so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anything in the slow cooker is alright by me - especially pasta. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali