Linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays
- 1 cup Millet flour
- 1 cup ground flax meal (not flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned sweet potato, mashed with a fork into smooth puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey ( I used honey)
- 1 apple, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, sweet potato puree, honey or maple syrup until thoroughly smooth.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just incorporated. Add diced apples and fold in.
- Fill muffin tins almost full and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake for apx 22-25 minutes or until slightly browned on top.