Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Skinny Gluten Free Strawberry Cheesecake Streusel Bars, low glycemic!

I was going to make a cheesecake, but everyone online was making yummy looking cookie bars...  
so I made a Skinny combination of the two and best of all they're sugar free! They turned out awesome! I love the cheesecake filling and the lower calories.
Linked to Full Plate Thursday.   Happy Holidays!
Skinny GF Strawberry Cheesecake Streusel Bars

Cookie crust

I used the crust for my Magic Bars, click here for the recipe 


For a lower calorie option- 
I replaced the honey with 1/4 cup of my Baking Stevia
And added 1 tablespoon flax meal

Filling

Ingredients:

1 pkg low fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Baking Stevia or 1/2 cup of any granulated sugar- I use Truvia Baking Blend
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 12 oz jar gluten free & sugarless strawberry jam

Streusel Topping

Ingredients:

1/2 cup almond meal, grind almonds in coffee grinder or mini food processor
1 cup gluten free oatmeal
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons baking stevia
2 tablespoons coconut oil

Instructions:  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease a 9x14 inch sheet pan

  1. Follow the instructions for the magic bar crust.  Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes.  
  2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth
  3. In another bowl, mix the streusel topping ingredients well.  I use my fingers to really mix the oil into the dry ingredients
  4. In another small bowl whisk your jam until it is smooth
  5. Remove the crust when it is just beginning to brown and let cool for a few minutes
  6. Turn the oven up to 350 degrees
  7. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly
  8. Drop spoonfuls of jam on top of the cream cheese filling
  9. Sprinkle streusel mixture to evenly cover
  10. Bake apx 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown
  11. Cool well before cutting.  Store in the fridge.   Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miz Helen, so sorry it took me so long to reply to your lovely comment! Where does the time go during the holidays? Hope you and yours are healthy and doing well. I can't wait to see what you're cooking over there at the Cottage in 2013! hugs, Ali

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali