Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Gluten Free Low Carb Chocolate Chunk Cookies, bean flour



I've been working on recipes for my new Gluten Free Low Carb diet and wanted to make really good cookies that are high in protein, lower in carbs, inexpensive and healthy!

I  like the affordability and high protein of bean flour and hoped that it would make a good cookie.
This is not a tasty dough that you can munch on raw, but the cookies are wonderful.  No bean flavor at all after they bake.  I also like that they are lower in fat and calories than cookies made with just almond flour.

Makes 20 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond or pecan meal, not flour-  I grind mine in a coffee mill
  • 1 cup gluten free garbanzo bean flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, room temperature
  • 1 cup Truvia Stevia baking blend or Splenda or sugar free alternative of choice
  • 10 drops Liquid Stevia
  • 1 large organic egg
  • 2 tablespoons molasses
  • 1 tablespoon pure gluten free vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces gluten free dark chocolate, chopped  or sugarfree chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients together.
  3. In the large bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars, scraping down the sides often. Add the egg and beat well, scraping down again often.  Add the molasses and vanilla and stir. 
  4. Add the flour mixture now and beat until fully incorporated, scraping down sides.
  5. Add in the chocolate and nuts and stir. 
  6. Scoop or spoon cookies onto your large greased baking sheet. 
  7. Bake for apx 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly brown
  8. Remove to a cooling rack. 

Comments

  1. Could you please tell me about Stevia baking blend and where one might find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene, I buy it from my grocery store. It's called Truvia. I think you can also get it from Amazon and I will post the link in the recipe for you. Thanks for commenting. I hope to hear how you like the cookies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you so much for your comments and questions. I respond as fast as I can, so please be sure to check back for your answer. By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Blessings, Ali